You are not required to provide your personal information to us, however, if you don’t we may not be able to interact with you or it may limit our ability to engage with you and provide you access to our services.
Collection of your personal information
Depending on the service requested by you will determine what personal information we may collect. Generally, the kinds of personal information that Neybrfood collects include:
- contact and identification details (e.g. name, addresses, email address and phone number);
- gender and date of birth;
- financial information (e.g. credit card details); and
- other information relevant in the circumstances.
We collect personal information in various ways including when you:
- visit our Platform (website or any application managed by us);
- interact with our advertisements;
- register to receive marketing communications;
- interact or follow our social media pages or profiles;
- enter into a competition or promotion;
- participate in a survey or other market research activities;
- request information from us or submit any feedback or query;
- submit job applications or other forms; and
- otherwise provide us with personal information in person or via telephone, email, post or other means.
In most cases, we collect personal information directly from you. There may be some occasions when we collect your personal information from other sources. Generally, we will only collect your personal information from other sources if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you, or if those sources are authorised to do so.
Use of your personal information
We use your personal information for the purposes for which it is provided to us, other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Generally, we will collect, use and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- confirming your identity;
- facilitating payment for our services;
- communicating with you;
- facilitating transactions between buyers and our cooks;
- monitoring, auditing and evaluating our products and services;
- providing you with marketing information about other products or services that we be will be of interest to you;
- facilitating our internal business operations;
- complying with any legal or regulatory requirements;
- dealing with any complaints or enquiries;
- informing you of future activities or events and to facilitate improvements to the services provided to you;
- identifying users to prepare customised web pages; and
- any other purposes where consent has been provided.
Disclosure of personal information
We disclose your personal information for the same purposes for which we collect it. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- our related entities to facilitate our and their internal business processes;
- third party service providers, who assist us in operating our business (including cooks, professional advisors, financial advisors and dealers, and technology service providers);
- our contractors and suppliers, including IT contractors and database designers;
- any other third parties engaged to perform functions or activities on our behalf, including direct marketing; and
- any other third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services
In the event you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can opt-out by contacting us via the contact details set out below or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
Quality and Security
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security and accuracy of personal information we hold, and to protect your personal information from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, interference, modification or disclosure, in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
While we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, when you supply information over the internet you understand that we cannot provide a guarantee that your personal information will not be accessed by unauthorized third parties.
A Cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit one of our websites. The Cookie is stored on your machine, but does not identify you.
A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our websites and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on our websites. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored.
Links to other sites
We may provide links to other websites or platforms. If you use these links, you will leave our website and we are not responsible for any of these websites or platforms, or their usage of your personal information. We recommend that you check the privacy policies on those websites.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org